Almazara de Alcaraz, Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Almazara de Alcaraz is a great tasting premium quality olive oil with medium intensity. It is a varietal blend made with 100% organic Picual, to which added a touch of sweetness from 100% organic Arbequina to achieve a delightful balance of pleasant spiciness and bitterness taste with fruity notes of green almond, tomato, apple and freshly cut grass. The aroma is fresh and elegant with the wild scent of the mountains.
These olives are harvested using mechanical means and first cold pressed within hours.
Its design combines tradition and modernity. This oil has won awards at major international organic olive oil competitions (e.g. BIOFACH, Ecotrama etc) recognized by tasting panel made up of the best possible team of international tasters, with the aim of guaranteeing absolute reliability and rigor in the results. We bring it to you direct from the farm to deliver the freshest oil while empowering rural farmers. We are the exclusive importer of this oil.
The name Almazara de Alcaraz came from the Arabic language, meaning 'Alcaraz olive fruit milling place’.
Polyphenols (Mg/Kg): 450-600
Region and Olives:
- From olive farms located in the south west of Albacete, Spain. Picual olives are cultivated in the Sierra de Alcaraz on the border between Castilla-La Mancha and Andalusia. Arbequina olives are cultivated in the plains of La Mancha.
- Picual olives have high levels of polyphenols, an organic compound which is known to have antioxidant effects. It is very appreciated for its high stability, which gives it great resistance to high temperature and is ideal for cooking. With regard to sensory characteristics , these olives have fruity olive and tomato with a light peppery, bitter olive leaf taste.
Arbequina olives produces a very fluid and sweet oil, in which it is almost impossible to perceive bitter or peppery flavors. Its oil has a fruity aroma of olives, apple, banana and almond.
Pairs best with:
Drizzling, Dipping, Dressing, Sautéing, Baking, Frying (smoke point 350F - 410F)
- White Fish, Oily Fish, Red Meats, Poultry, Salads,Vegetables, Breads, Pasta, Cheese, Desserts, Cocktails.
- 2019 Great Gold medal Ecotrama (Spain)
- 2018 Top 10 Award BIOFACH (Germany)
- 2018 Gold medal Ecotrama (Spain)
- 2017 Gold medal. Best of bioPress Olive Oil (Germany)
- 2017 Silver medal Ecotrama (Spain)
- 2017 Top 20 Award BIOFACH (Germany)
- 2016 Top 10 Award & Best Spanish Organic Oil BIOFACH (Germany)
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
Can return for full refund unopened bottle(s) within 15 days of purchase.
Buyer pays for return shipment cost.
Local pickup available in Bordentown, NJ 08505.
USPS prioirty mail shipping. 3-5 business days.
Available now for local pick up and for shipment.